TG6 shutter speed setting not working in aperture mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Much as it pains me to reward Olympus for failing to update the TG-5 firmware, I think I really need to update to the 6. I am either losing too many photos to slow shutter speed or spending my time fiddling with the controls instead of taking pictures.

I agree--I've been pleased with the update.

Can you please comment on the proposed ‘set and forget’ setup?

I don't regard myself as having any particular expertise in using the TG series, but here are my thoughts:

Default ISO: 200
Sure, but why not 100?

Max ISO: 1200
I usually go 800, or even 400 if I expect light to be good. PP with in raw can only do so much with this little sensor, which is quite DR-limited at higher ISOs.

Min shutter speed 125
That should work, but I have shaky hands and often shoot pretty fast-moving fish at full zoom, so usually go with 250-320.

Base aperture F2.8/6.3
Yep.

Exposure comp: -1
I usually go -.7 or -.3 even with raw and PP in DxO Pro.

I shoot in raw and process with Lightroom so I think I can deal with the occasional high ISO shot. I just wish there was a way of preventing exposure compensation dimming the lcd screen. It is hard enough to see when snorkeling as it is.
On the TG-6 the monitor only dims to reflect negative exposure compensation when the shutter button is half pressed. Can't remember if this is the case for the TG-5.

And, yeah, the magnifier referred to in the previous post looks like a good--but not cheap-- idea.

The dim screen can be eliminated. In the settings just turn on live view boost.

For more details, backscatter have a video serie on youtube with a lot of tips and tricks to properly set the tg5.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom