Alcohol for nausea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isopropyl has similar intoxicating effects compared to ethyl, but the decomposition byproducts of isopropyl are far more toxic and damaging to humans.

Isopropyl has similar intoxicating effects compared to ethyl, but the decomposition byproducts of isopropyl are far more toxic and damaging to humans.
Interesting! I didn't know that.

Although its much less hazardous than methanol or ethylene glycol.

Apparently early uses of isopropyl included as an anesthetic for animals, but there were too many issues with side effects (probably because its a CNS suppressant that also metabolizes into formaldehyde, another CNS suppressant).

I tried the alcohol swab trick at work in a post surgical patient today, but since I have not an actual study in elderly surgical patients, I also medicated with Zofran. I cannot say which worked, but his nausea did resolve. Which worked? I have no way of knowing.

It might work, but it also will kill off a lot of brain cells. -___-

I recommend sticking with Dramamine the night before and then an hour before the dive

Koko: neat reminiscence, thanks! Not sure my wife would approve, though.

What if the nausea is the result of consuming alcohol?
Dave! It's been donkey's years, how are ya? Still on the island?

Me, very long SI for family matters, covid, passings, etc. but maybe the BC reef society's 737 can lure me back. I know, it's not a grand adventure, but how many of us have swum through a jetliner?

As to hangovers, I recently heard about Zbiotic. Not cheap. You are supposed to take it before a night of drinking. Haven't tried it. No recommendation intended.

Back
Top Bottom