Is 16 dives in 3 days too aggressive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm guilty of off the plane straight to the marina, strip on the boat and fall in the water - casual dives though. Definetly no more of that.....

Living here does help and naps are almost as beautiful as the island!

My wife and I are heading down for 2 1/2 weeks of diving this December. We are not starting our 14 days of non-stop diving until we've spent a day on the island. 'Nuf said. However, we are in our very late 40's and early 50's and we prefer to play it safer as we get older. No doubt about it we used to fly to a destination and eat our asses off in airport terminals, guzzle water on the plane and upon final arrival run to the nearest to rest room to take a pee. Then on to the accommodations to get unpacked eat whatever and hydrate as such as possible to wake up the next day and be on a boat ASAP. We don't do that anymore. For those who are younger and still roll like, that God bless them. One of the greatest things about aging is most have more $, can stay longer, and no longer have the need to cram the max of dives into whatever the limits of their vacation allows. It is really cool these days to just kick back and chill and dive with lots of time.
I am also going to be there in December starting on the 7th. Well I can promise you I'm not of the younger sort, I am somewhere between late 40's and early 50's but I am in pretty good shape. Yes I am a relatively new diver and I am excited to get diving and explore all the underwater world has to offer, but with age comes wisdom ( or so they say ) I'm sure my body will let me know where my limits are, and the smart ones listen to it. My plan is to have fun do as much as I can and am allowed and enjoy myself to the fullest.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

new thread created to cover enquiry for operator offering 4 dives per day

Back
Top Bottom