Hose Lengths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Manatee Diver

Stop throwing lettuce at me!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I finally got my own regs, and I am having trouble with hose lengths. Namely I am having two issues, one is my inflator, it is being pushed down and out of position. The second is my short hose feels too short.

Current setup:
Left - Deep 6 Signature First Stage
24" rubber LP hose connected to turret around neck to 70 degree adapter to second stage
6" or 9" inflator hose hooked up to fifth port

Right - Same first stage plus normal 7' hose.

Tanks are pushed well into my arm pits as that is what brings me into trim. Pictures here.

The second stage is easy, I ordered a 28" LP hose. But what should I try for the inflator, go to a 12" hose or a 4" hose?

This is where you are actually going to need to spend some time with someone. Not necessarily an instructor, but a buddy or something. Different strokes for different folks when it comes to sidemount. I use a 7' on my right bottle and a 40" on my left bottle. My inflators are standard length inflators as my left hose routes down and then back up to my wing inflator and then my drysuit inflator on the right bottle routes down and then back up under my my right shoulder strap and to my suit inflator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom