Logging Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do yall carry your electronic telegraph machines to log dives electronically while there or wait until you get home?
How many actually carry a log book with them ?

I don’t have that many dives as most of the guys here. Relative newbie :wink:

I log my dives:
- in the PADI logbook, placed in a binder with a sharpie, divetables, etc
- an app in my phone where I can download the info from my divecomputer
- recently started a trial with a digital log on my iPad with an app called Goodnotes 5. I’ve imported pdf file of a blank divelog page (PADI look-a-like), that you van copy over and over, and can be filled out with the Apple pencil. I’m very happy with the result and might go all digital.

Attachments

• D9154C48-D5AE-483F-A9F5-B49A28229A7B.png
    D9154C48-D5AE-483F-A9F5-B49A28229A7B.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 112
Do yall carry your electronic telegraph machines to log dives electronically while there or wait until you get home?

I used to, but the wires kept fouling the prop.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I will try to upload the dives to my phone via bluetooth and add the dive information (location) during the SI.

Dive computer logs the dive and then upload them to Subsurface. Either after a dive (if there is a lot to remember) or at the end of a trip. My computer (Perdix) will allow me to upload them to the phone with Bluetooth so it makes it a lot easier. If I am on a trip I will take a photo of the briefing board each dive if I can - I can add that to the dive in Subsurface.

If I were still using my old computer, I would wait until I was home and upload them then (it needs a cradle to connect to the PC).

I have never logged dives. It would be nice to go back and review my lifetime dives.
If I had it to do again would I log all my dives? ...no. Too much trouble.
I still remember the interesting moments. Everything else is just a pleasant blur.

A paper log book with profiles printed (from Diving log 6 or Subsurface or Suunto) is my solution.
I will also cut and paste (physically) some photos.

Data: date, time, location, duration, max depth, average depth, decompression, temperature, profile, goal, result, problems. It's a dive diary.

Does anyone upload dive logs to any of the certification agency web sites such as Scubaearth or My SSI etc?

Paper dive log, bluetooth upload from SW Teric to DiveLogDT software on Macbook Pro & Dive Log app on iPhone 7

Does anyone upload dive logs to any of the certification agency web sites such as Scubaearth or My SSI etc?
I thought about doing that for about 5 minutes. I went to that section I’m MySSI to see if there was an option to import from my computer or to import from an exported log. I couldn’t find a way to do either. I do update the number of dives there periodically, but that’s about it. If there were a way to import, I might consider it, but I’m not about to manually re-enter all those dives I have logged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom