Is 16 dives in 3 days too aggressive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the input I have altered my thinking and reduced it to 2 am and 2 afternoon dives which I think will also give me some time to enjoy Cozumel while I am there as well.

Think about one of the days doing a 2-tank morning and a 2-tank twilight/night dive.

16 dives in 3 days? To each his/her own. There's a hyperbaric chamber on Coz that can accommodate you if needed (assuming you make it to it). Buy DAN insurance? Of course. I'd recommend you add a term life insurance policy as well. In the 17 years I've been diving this planned or attempted 16 dives in 3 days is a first for me. Run all the theoretical multi day tables and algorithms based on 18 year old NAVY divers ya want. May God be with ya.

Thanks for the input I have altered my thinking and reduced it to 2 am and 2 afternoon dives which I think will also give me some time to enjoy Cozumel while I am there as well.
That's a more reasonable and doable objective over 3 days in Cozumel.

Yep I get it now, sometimes I'm a little slow
Slow? Not really, if you are speculating about conditions and opportunities that exist somewhere you have never been. You have more information now.

On the liveaboards I've dived from we only made three dives per day. Our dives were typically 60-70 minutes, so that's plenty of bottom time for most.

It is possible if you change your destination to Bonaire.

Cozumel, if you dive with an Op that guarantees 2 tank afternoon dives you can manage 12. I don't know a dive shop that guarantees night dives everday unless you have 4 people. Most dive ops do 1 or 2 night dives a week.

I am exhausted doing 3 a day now. Most days ii is only 2.

Even two morning and two afternoon dives is a lot for Coz. For the most part, Coz diving is boat diving, and it's not like in some places in the world where the sites are just a hundred yards offshore--the rides out and back can be long. This makes for a very long day. Four dives a day for a week would exhaust me and leave me little time for exploring the town (that is, stuffing myself with Mexican food). If I recall, there is at least one dive op that will drop you off at a beach bar for lunch, thereby avoiding the boat trip all the way back to town, which seems to me to be the only practical way to get four dives a day in (excluding night dives, which obviously get you back to town late--some restaurants may already be closed).

With some of the southern sites currently closed, I don't know how the above may be affected. Maybe shorter rides out and back are a silver lining.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom