Are Watamula & Mushroom Forest That Much Better Than Other Dive Sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to put my thoughts in here about Curaçao and the Go West Diving shop.
My Wife, here sister and husband and I did a 11 day stay at All West Apartments and dived at Go West Diving in September of this year (2019). The trip was fantastic and the folks at Go West Diving were wonderful!! We all did the morning 2 tank dives from their boats and did a couple of afternoon boat dives with them. Great experience! Did several afternoon shore dives, twilight dives and night dives, too. Typically did 3 to 4 dives per day. The dive guides at Go West, Floris, Loys and Jill were always professional and personable at the same time.
While the only large animal we saw the entire trip was a 6' nurse shark, there were always large schools a fish, morays, sea slugs, lobsters, crabs and healthy corals everywhere. No big crowds of people and everyone we encountered on the West end of the island were always friendly! Dive boat was never crowded. Typically 8 to 9 divers. You were allowed to dive to your certification level.
Staying at an apartment rather than a resort or hotel was a new experience from our typical dive vacations, but we enjoyed it. All West Apartments have a beautiful view over a cliff & sunsets that are just gorgeous! There's a locked dive locker room at the apartment & that makes diving easy at the reef just in front of the apartments. We rented the optional truck offered in the dive package and that made getting around the island easy!
Watamula reef was beautiful and unspoiled. It's only accessible by boat (unless you own 1 of the houses on the cliff by the reef). The Go West dive boat seems to be the on group going to that reef.

The diving and the culture at the West end of Curaçao is very relaxed & we plan on returning next year!

_D4A8163-X3.jpg

_D4A7431-X5.jpg

_D4A7208-X4.jpg

_D4A8305-X4.jpg

Awesome pics and thanks for the report. Glad you enjoyed Allwest, Gowest and the quiet side of the island. Sounds like your experience has been similar to ours. We are looking forward to our fourth trip to CUR. Gowest has a great group of people working there. I remember being impressed when a rain shower came through in the middle of the day. Everyone's gear was out on drying racks. When the rain came they moved the racks under shelter so they would not get soaked from the shower. A little thing but it showed they cared and made the effort.

Back
Top Bottom