When 1st stage started being sealed - looking at used regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GW_2007

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm currently looking at used regulators (like Sherwood, Scubapro, Aqualung) but would like to find one that is environmentally sealed.
That being said, anyone know when regulators first started to be sold as a sealed regulator for recreational divers

sherwood dry bleed, the scubapro spec sealing system, and aqualung/us divers supreme system are all quite old. you just have to find the correct version of the first stage or find the conversion kit in the case for aqualung/us divers.

Poseidon regs have had a sealed cap you can put on the first stage for quite some time. *for sure prior to the mid 80s.
I think you had to add alcohol to it before the dive, but it gets the job done if thats what you need.

I'm currently looking at used regulators (like Sherwood, Scubapro, Aqualung) but would like to find one that is environmentally sealed.
That being said, anyone know when regulators first started to be sold as a sealed regulator for recreational divers
If you like old metal, I have a number of Conshelf seconds, a couple SP 109s, and a Conshelf Supreme 1st. I've been buying and rebuilding old regs (it's a disease) and near to clear the workshop to make room for more!
I haven't rebuilt the 1st stage yet, but seconds are ready to go.
v/r
James

Poseidon regs have had a sealed cap you can put on the first stage for quite some time. *for sure prior to the mid 80s.
I think you had to add alcohol to it before the dive, but it gets the job done if thats what you need.
You could leave rubber alcohol cap on for months, no need to take it off between dives.

i think the insinuation was since it was alcohol, it was being consumed after diving was wrapped up for the day

Haha.. perhaps it was just a coincidence that those caps are shaped like shot glasses.

:)

Back
Top Bottom