Punta Cana - Private Open Water Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We’ll be staying in a villa in Punta Cana and my buddy would like to get certified. He’s a lifelong boater and swimmer that has done his PADI classwork and pool work before, but never scheduled his check out dives. This was years ago so we are sure he’d have to start over.

Hoping he could do eLearning at home and have an instructor come to the villa (private pool) for pool work.

Then ideally my husband and I (AOW with 175 dives) would join on the boat trips for his check out dives.

Any suggestions for an instructor or shop that could facilitate something like this?

Thanks!

You might try Pelicanos Watersports. The owner Peter is a great guy.

If you can’t get them, you would want to avoid Mariana Watersports. They are associated with Majestic Elegance and Colonial Elegance.

As was already mentioned, avoid the chain dive shops associated with the resorts.
The diving in the Punta Cana area is really bad. I recommend you dive out of the Bayahibe/Dominicus area, it is on the south coast of the Dominican and faces the Caribbean sea and is only about 40 minutes from the Punta Cana airport. I don't know where you villa is located, so I don't know if this would logistically possible? There are reef dives, wall dives, wreck dives and even a cave dive if you are so certified. I highly recommend John from ScubaFun | Dive Center Bayahibe It is a small local dive shop in Bayahibe and is the top recommended shop in the DR on here.

Where to dive in Dominican Republic?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom