O2 better than 50% for single deco gas dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The best indirect risk-benefit advice that I gleaned from all of @Dr Simon Mitchell 's posts over the years was that if you conservatively do extra long Oxygen deco stops -beyond the O2 Stop Time for whatever deco algorithm schedule prescription you use- it doesn't matter what you did earlier in the deco profile with regards to DeepStops (and if you still believe in choosing to protect your fast tissues from inert gas supersaturation & neuro DCS). But in that instance, the factor you must be aware of is O2 CNS Toxicity symptoms, and should prepare for that potential contingency prudently (i.e. using the option of switching to a full-face mask for breathing Oxygen at the 6msw deco stop). . .

I would rather see a diver plan and execute a dive around any reasonable gas not so much whats in the tank.

PS:Totally off topic, I'm not following the board that much anymore but, can anyone give a quick brief on why Devondiver was banned? The times I saw him comment, his posts seemed on the mark, and well composed.

^^^ this ^^^

PS:Totally off topic, I'm not following the board that much anymore but, can anyone give a quick brief on why Devondiver was banned? The times I saw him comment, his posts seemed on the mark, and well composed.

Devon Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom