OMS Going under?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boogie711:
LOL - do you work for OMS weekender? :)
ok, you got me. yes. im just so upset that we are going out of business due to the fact we cannot compete with your paper dolls i lashed out at you. damn, if only we had seen the huge demand for folded paper. now, we have to admit defeat to halcyon and you.

weekender:
ok, you got me. yes. im just so upset that we are going out of business due to the fact we cannot compete with your paper dolls i lashed out at you. damn, if only we had seen the huge demand for folded paper. now, we have to admit defeat to halcyon and you.
Who brought Halcyon into this?

Boogie711:
I can only hope they're about to disappear. I think OMS is a horrible company - my loathing for OMS is well known.

I was asked why - I'll repeat it:

For a couple reasons.

A) They're the living embodiment of (dare I say it) "Strokery." For example, I have a tough time supporting any company that feels it's necessary to make a 100 lb wing, and then dare to insinuate that it's ok to use with a single tank.

B) I feel that they basically take other peoples stuff, put their logo on it and then once they've got your money, tell you to screw off. Their customer support after the fact is notoriously horrible.

C) I feel their marketing practices are deceiving and downright cheese-assed. The living proof of this is the so-called "Safety Bulletin" where they slam Halcyon's gear all over the place without coming right out and just saying "look, we just feel our gear is superior, and here's why." http://www.omsdive.com/news2.html

D) They're inconsistent, and what they do release takes forever to manifest. One style of manifold is bad, until they decide to sell that manifold. Painted tanks are better, until they decide to hot-dip galvanize... then they don't. Their new single tank wing was on their website for the better part of a year until it was released to the public.

Is it all subjective? Oh heck, yeah. I don't expect others to agree, that's fine. But in a nutshell, that's why I think OMS is a bad company.

Now, stop beating around the bush Boogie, tell us what you REALLY think...

Boogie711:
but Mares makes some great wetsuits and some decent regulators. .....

I have to agree with you there, two years ago I was cursing Mares because of the 5,4,3 series of wetsuits, but they finally dumped their bad supplier and now have a trully superior product of which I own two (3mm shorty, 5mm steamer), and will probably buy a third (3,, steamer) when I trash my failing three mil.

no, they arent cool. but i wont continue to post dim witted rants about them, either. that could hurt an innocent third party. i dont like them so i will not buy them. only a true *** would want a person to lose his livelyhood because they dont like the product their employer makes.

weekender:
no, they arent cool. but i wont continue to post dim witted rants about them, either.
Which of his points was invalid?

ok, i think people are missing my point. i really dont want to get into a thing about OMS. i was just trying to say it aint cool to openly wish people lose their job. at least have the decency to keep it to yourself. trash the product leave the workers out of it. i also was trying to bust his balls a bit for fun. im pretty sure by his tongue in cheek responses that he figured out where i was going with this. hopefully now everyone will

Ah. Well that's a fine point, but I don't think Boogie seriously wants people to just get put out of work. He'd just like to see their products disappear :)

weekender:
i also was trying to bust his balls a bit for fun. im pretty sure by his tongue in cheek responses that he figured out where i was going with this. hopefully now everyone will
Obviously I have trouble following that kinda thing :eyebrow:

Welcome to Capitalism 101, Weekender. Where if you work for a company that makes a crappy product, you'll eventually get laid off as the marketplace moves their money to the better product.

I feel bad for the people of Enron, but I'm glad they're gone. I feel bad for the pilots of Zeppelins, but they're gone. Eventually I hope the scuba marketplace wakes up and decides OMS belongs to the trashbins of history.

Will that mean layoffs? Yup. Does that mean it shouldn't happen? Um - definitely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom