Trip Video - Tuamotu, September 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharing my trip video as usual.

(Deleted)

Edit: Video corrected for typo. New link below.

Fantastic - thanks for posting. I’ll be in Rangiroa for 5 days in 2 weeks as a stop I’m our 30th anniversary trip and sneaking in a few days of diving (wife does not dive - so won’t be every day). Where did you see the hammerhead, rays and the whales?

Dolphins at Rangiroa, rays, hammerhead and whales at Kauehi. The clips of the dives were also at Kauehi, which was my favourite atoll.
Thanks - I do plan on a return trip to hit Fakarava and other atolls - will definitely add Kauehi to the list. I've heard Tikehau is good as well.

I didn’t go to Tikehau. Should be good.

Have fun in Rangiroa. Those dolphins get close and personal.
Thanks - I'm looking forward to it and will report back!

Nice, thanks for posting. Seems the current was pretty strong in one of the clips. Usually,
how were they? If I kick like that, I’m OOA in a NY second :(...I prefer to glide like a sailplane.

Currents were mild in Fakaravan South Pass. At Rangiroa we were diving outside the pass for the dolphins and currents were not noticeably strong to me. Currents were strong at Toau and Kauehi but mostly we just drifted with the currents and we had a ball. I am not aware of anyone on the boat that did not enjoy the strong current drift dives (but I did not discuss the matter with everyone). The one clip that you refer to was when we were ending a dive in Kauehi Pass by swimming across the pass to a shallow coral garden at the side where there was hardly any current. This is not the only way to end a dive at Kauehi Pass. We also did just drift into the lagoon. Whichever way you choose to exit the dive at Kauehi Pass, you'd probably have to do it as a group.

Very nice video. Definitely, makes me want to go back.

Back
Top Bottom