New Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+2 Deep 6 for me and the wife. Warm water vacation divers, love our Deep 6 gear. Went with the Signature series, plan on sending in for service, but love the fact that they provide service kits for self service or for use by a tech at a dive shop etc. Also offer service workshops for those desiring to self service.

There are a few 25-year-old regulators that are able to be serviced up to current standards. Which ones do you have? I would hate to recommend a replacement if you already had, for instance, a Scubapro MK20 first stage with G250 second stage. It would be hard to improve on those for $600.

Exactly. Unless you have bottom of the line regs, it's unlikely you will get better ones, assuming yours are serviced and quite possibly downgrading instead. New does not mean better. What are your current regs?

I still use a Scubapro G250 for my granddaughters and have yet to find a regulator that breathes better. More expensive and harder to work on but not better. They are paired with a MK10 first stage and they are pretty much bullet proof. As has been asked before, what are you using now? And in 27 years of diving, I`ve never bought new.

has Deep 6 stated that Black Friday will just be Friday after Thursday and before Saturday this year

has Deep 6 stated that Black Friday will just be Friday after Thursday and before Saturday this year
They haven’t stated when. When I asked they mentioned there would be killer deals but no exclusive colors like last time

Hey thanks if cerich is having a huge Black Friday Sale on I'm going to have to jump on board

I've only got three sets of his fins have you seen these beauties I call them my cerich "SHARKS"

full.jpg

for doing turns when crawling in tight spaces, not much used
yet

We dive warm water and really good point on finding the brands that can be serviced locally!
You may find it more convenient to ship to a quality LDS to service your regs. That LDS may not be local to you. Drop off at the Post Office, and have it delivered to your door. One trip instead of two. In my area, that is what I did prior to switching over to Deep 6 which I service myself.

and when you decide to get serious about diving
here's the best Service Manual on the market

Compiled by our used to be very own Jim changed his name to James LAPENTA

until he started that lots of people babbling arsebook thing

Service Manual

very user friendly like Jim, mellow voice great instructor

Published too

I don't have much experience, but I bought a single tank setup and a pony bottle setup from Deep6. I have had no issues with primarily fresh water diving from 40-70 degrees.

There are a few 25-year-old regulators that are able to be serviced up to current standards. Which ones do you have? I would hate to recommend a replacement if you already had, for instance, a Scubapro MK20 first stage with G250 second stage. It would be hard to improve on those for $600.
We both have a Mares Voltrex. We also recently switched to Nitrox. I was thinking after 25 years, that we should update our hoses and maybe also the regulators. I guess I just assume the reg might be wearing out.

Back
Top Bottom