twist, button or hand held for DGX 600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littlegorgor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi everyone ,

I'm interested in getting my first dive light. Going through the thread DGX 600 seems a suitable choice.

It seems the light has 3 different turn on option. Twist, button and push. Is there a different between the 3? or is it just personal preference? many thanks

Go with the twist the tail push button I got from them is crap. Button failed twice now.

I prefer the button myself. Twist requires two hands which sometimes is not desirable. I have not had any issues with my button version.

I have a button and haven't had a problem. Don't really trust myself not to accidentally twist too far and flood my light

Depends on the application. Technical diving backup light? Get the twist, it's harder to activate accidentally. Easy recreational night dives or poking into nooks and crannies? Whichever floats your boat. Button will be more convenient, and usable with one hand.

Twist.

I initially bought a push button and it failed during the first use and night dive. Push button to turn it on and it would instantly turn off. This was after 20 min of being fine. No water intrusion, just a failed button. DGX replaced and I requested twist, which has been fine.

I twist my DGX 800s with one hand sometimes if I choose to twist them with one hand

One fizzed out on me recently, it turned out to be one battery lots of dives over 2 years

I had a push-button DGX 600 and really liked it with no problems.

However, I bought a Light Monkey twister as a back-up and found a twist light doesn’t bother me at all. You’d have to twist pretty far to flood the light. Those monkeys at Light Monkey and the elves at DGX are pretty smart and think of these things in their design process.

I have both a dgx-600 and a dgx-800, similar lights with twist activation, and both have worked without a problem.

I have a several year old 600 with the button on the tail, it works perfectly and has had a rough life. I bought 3 600s with the button on the body for other members of my family. I like the high and low beam as well as the strobe. These work perfectly but I cannot comment on their longevity yet, only 6 months old

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom