Trip Report 8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The contour of a back is relatively constant across body types. The contour of a front can be quite variable. Zippers don't stretch, they pinch.

Another great report, drrich! So glad that you got the shot of the manta.

Great report very much enjoyed your detail. Doing our 12th trip arriving on the 26th for 2 weeks. I believe that from the looks of you picture of Zhung Kong they have updated the front exterior so maybe they have not done the sign yet. We like shopping there as well. Thanks again

Thanks Richards for both your words and pics of your recent trip to Bonaire. I haven't yet stayed at SD or DL but both are high on my list. I've stayed at Divi and Capt Don's. Have walked through the SD/DL and I think they both will work. Cheers, Darrell

Thank you @drrich2 for another excellent and truly valuable report! We have stayed at Sandollar and at Den Laman in the past and you've brought back some very happy memories.

Great report very much enjoyed your detail. Doing our 12th trip arriving on the 26th for 2 weeks. I believe that from the looks of you picture of Zhung Kong they have updated the front exterior so maybe they have not done the sign yet. We like shopping there as well. Thanks again

We overlapped with Richard on our recent 2 week visit to Bonaire. Zhung Kong has recently, and is still, renovating the store. They have expanded into the restaurant/bar that used to be next door, and the store is now considerably larger. The store was not fully supplied when we were there and they were still stocking the shelves and new coolers and freezers.

We find Zhung Kong very convenient when staying at Den Laman. The first time we drove by on this stay, we missed the store entirely, it looks so different. We pulled into the parking lot and saw all the open for business signs. I would imagine they will have new signage before the upgrade is completed.

Glad you got another trip in. Was that a manta in one of your pics?

Yes, first and only I’ve ever seen. Blessed to finally see a manta, it’s been a goal. All the more special to me since it was in Bonaire.

Back
Top Bottom