Why we dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because the ocean is the earth's last large wilderness. Because I don't see hundreds of miles of suburbs and monocultured farm fields there. Because the wildlife there still outnumbers the domesticated animals there.

To see and experience a big part of our planet, which I normaly wouldn't be able to - if I weren't diving.
Also, for the same reason that a dog licks its bohlocks. :D

I dive for the adventure, seeing the ocean, seeing caves, seeing shipwrecks, going places nobody else has been. it’s really fun

I also like to do it as an important part of our vacations/traveling when me and my wife go on vacations to new countries. Almost every country has an awesome dive to see. Mexico has the cenotes and wrecks. China has an entire city buried underwater that you can dive. Europe has lots of diving in Portugal, Italy, Greece and Iceland’s Silfra. Don’t even get me started on Cayman Islands, Puerto Rico or the Maldives lol.

I like learning about all the equipment, techniques, etc and getting new gear but really that’s mostly just a means to an end, to allow me to dive and witness new places

Also I really recommend getting a PRESCRIPTION DIVE MASK if your vision isn’t perfect... it makes the entire experience so much more awesome, safe and beautiful. Got mine at SPE dive school and it changed my whole diving life to be honest. Before the water was blurry and murky looking, now I can see everything, it’s wild.

Every time I have to wake up at 4 in the morning to go diving in cold, murky, surgy water, I ask myself the same question...

I used to feel that way about downhill snow skiing but no more because I'm all about diving, all the time.

Because never in my 50 years on this Earth, have I ever felt more connected with any single activity. And I mean every part of it! From planning my next dive, filling and lugging tanks, cleaning gear, teaching others, oh yea and the actual dive. I have not to this point found any part that does not bring me some happiness.

Trying not to get sick. Everyone in my office has been sick over the past 3 weeks except me. 4 more working days to go. 90% packed! Already restless at night anticipating this trip!!!

I dive because I'm 50 years old and still get that same exact feeling. We all do, don't we?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom