WTB Ir Dongle for Uwatec Smart Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Dawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I am looking to buy an Ir dongle to interface with SmartTrak [V2.09, the latest] and my Uwatec Smart Tec computer.

Anyone got an old one laying around they know works, please, that they no longer want?

Please, advise....and thanks for looking :)

I've been keeping an informal list of 3rd party USB IrDA dongles for our customers - ie: ones that are compatible with the official UWatec/ScubaPro one - and they have all but disappeared in the last year or so. An occasional one on Ebay but that's it - all the others are "not available" or "not in stock".

If you *really* want one, I'd spring for the expensive ScubaPro one as it's pretty much the only one available these days. Also available on Amazon.

The IrDa dongle above, from Amazon....did not work. I have returned it.

If anyone has an extra or no longer needed Scubapro IrDa dongle...let me know, please :)

Yeah I do...
I thought my el cheapo $20 dongle had stopped working so bought the expensive uwatec dongle. Turns out is was a DivelogDT update that did not play nice with my old Mac OS. DivelogDT fixed the issue and both dongles worked. But then my scubapro g2 is died shortly after. I have the dongle and the CD rom ( assume this is drivers for windows, I never opened it ). Do you need the USB cable also? It is a male/female since the dongle is male.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom