Yoke to din conversion possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks cerich. I only wanted the part in case a shop or liveaboard didn't have tank with insert to remove. Then I would switch to the yoke part then. Not as a permanent solution I like my DIN regs just don't like the yoke adaptor sticking out.

I'll do a deep6 reg clinic instead that's a better investment.

Swapping these parts requires setting the proper torque. If you just tighten it by feel the risk is damage from over tightening and perhaps more likely, loosening from undertightening which can happen when it is mounted to the tank and in service by rotating the first stage. The resultant leak is unable to be resolved underwater and it actually requires tools when on shore that you may not have with you, thus scrubbing the dive or switching to a back up regulator. Iirc the torque value is 235 inch pounds but I would never service my reg without rereading the torque specs while doing the work.

@cerich please correct me if I am speaking any form of nonsense here.

Thanks cerich. I only wanted the part in case a shop or liveaboard didn't have tank with insert to remove. Then I would switch to the yoke part then. Not as a permanent solution I like my DIN regs just don't like the yoke adaptor sticking out.

I'll do a deep6 reg clinic instead that's a better investment.
I'm the same. Don't like the adapter but if I need to travel somewhere that doesn't have DIN tanks it'll have to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom