O2 better than 50% for single deco gas dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like 50% or 70%, I never like 100%

Who in the hell dives 20/80? That’s a terrible idea.
I don't think so!

Same result for 30/70.

Having two deco mixes is better than a single one.

Define “better”.
Taking two deco gasses on a dive “just because” adds complexity that is not always needed.

1. Get off quicker
2. If one of them fails for whatever reason, no need to rely on the back gas for deco entirely.
3. Donate/share the deco mix with your buddy if he/she has lost it.

You have to decide which is the preferred way, complexity or simplicity. Nothing is perfect.

I don't think so!

Same result for 30/70.

Diving 20/80 is like diving VPM, a silly idea.

Who in the hell dives 20/80? That’s a terrible idea.
20/80 is over a range of depths/times a good approximation for ratio deco. I have used it when diving with GUE buddies to be on a similar schedule. But otherwise, no.

20/80 is over a range of depths/times a good approximation for ratio deco. I have used it when diving with GUE buddies to be on a similar schedule. But otherwise, no.
In this example, meh no big deal
They stop way the hell too deep - still

As already stated (in the first reply btw) whether you take 50% or 100% doesn't impact the profile that much in typical T1 dives (30' max deco max depth 51m)... what is important is indeed your gas and gas reserve planning. For a typical dive in this range (let's say 30' BT at 45m) you would get on your deco gas 10 to 15 min later in case of O² needing that amount of extra reserve for you and your buddy.

PS:Totally off topic, I'm not following the board that much anymore but, can anyone give a quick brief on why Devondiver was banned? The times I saw him comment, his posts seemed on the mark, and well composed.

No.

No. No. No.

Algorithm first, ratio second.

The algorithm is the baseline and you figure out the ratio based on that. Picking a ratio and adjusting the algorithm to try and fit it is backwards and bad practice.

Back
Top Bottom