The Late Bev Morgan in his Own Words: Diving in Cook Inlet, Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are a producing platform and clean about 970 barrels per day. We do still have a drill rig onboard however its used mostly for workovers now. We have done a few redrills of wells and there is talk in that in the near future we may be doing another drilling program but for now the drill rig is sitting idle.

The attached file, Bev Morgan's article What's it Worth?, was published in the January - February 2009 edition of Underwater, the magazine of the Association of Diving Contractors International, and was sent to me by @Oceanaut . Thanks to Phillip Newsum, ADCI's Executive Director, for permission to distribute it on ScubaBoard and to Christopher who scanned it for us.

Attachments

• Whats it Worth by Bev Morgan.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Bob Christensen (RIP) was one of my instructors at Santa Barbara City in the early 1970's in the Marine Technology program. He was a great guy as were all the instructors there. He was an Ex-UDT Diver but one of the friendliest and most soft spoken gentleman I have ever met.

It was a great place to learn Commercial Diving. The program is reportedly in demise these days. Back then is was in high demand with way over 250 applicants every year and just 50 being accepted. I remember those days very fondly.

Bob Christensen (RIP) was one of my instructors at Santa Barbara City in the early 1970's in the Marine Technology program. He was a great guy as were all the instructors there. He was an Ex-UDT Diver but one of the friendliest and most soft spoken gentleman I have ever met.

It was a great place to learn Commercial Diving. The program is reportedly in demise these days. Back then is was in high demand with way over 250 applicants every year and just 50 being accepted. I remember those days very fondly.

In August 1965, in a cramped chamber at the Ocean Systems research laboratory in Tonawanda, New York, Bob Christensen and Art Noble spent 48 hours at 650ft/198M - a longer and deeper dive than anyone had done before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom