Dry glove system for Santi smart seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Problem solved. I realized I had only occasionally gotten a perfect seal. Reinstalling gloves, trimming the glove skirt and silicone lubing the glove ring helped and now I got a nice firm snapping seal. How stupid I feel now after a dozen of dives with only partially attached drygloves. Which by the way were perfectly dry most of the time... :dork2:

Yay! That's awesome!

Started following this thread based on my current situation. Looks like I'm getting a Santi suit that comes with their Smart Seal system to replace another drysuit. I already have the Kubi system on my old suit, so three options:

1. Is it fairly easy and reliable to install the Kubi system on the Santi Smart seals so that I can continue to use my Kubis that work great for me? Or,

2. Should I pay the extra $100 to get the Santi Smart Glove system to use with the new suit and give up the Kubis? Or,

3. Should I have Santi install the Kubi fitted rings to the new suit?

The third option is least desirable because I won't have the backup wrist seal in place should the dryglove fail (as far as I know).

Thanks!

Started following this thread based on my current situation. Looks like I'm getting a Santi suit that comes with their Smart Seal system to replace another drysuit. I already have the Kubi system on my old suit, so three options:

1. Is it fairly easy and reliable to install the Kubi system on the Santi Smart seals so that I can continue to use my Kubis that work great for me? Or,

2. Should I pay the extra $100 to get the Santi Smart Glove system to use with the new suit and give up the Kubis? Or,

The third option is least desirable because I won't have the backup wrist seal in place should the dryglove fail (as far as I know).

Thanks!

I have permanent Kubi rings in 2 suits. I have wrist seals in place whether I'm using my dry gloves or not.

I have permanent Kubi rings in 2 suits. I have wrist seals in place whether I'm using my dry gloves or not.

So you have the rings permanently sealed to the suit arm, but still have the wrist seals in place? Are those seals attached (latex, silicone?) or are they removable/replaceable?

There's probably a fourth option. Although my suit is currently in shipping, for demo dives with the smart seal, pull-overs seemed to work great and you keep the seal as a backup. 5 Finger Rubber Gloves Long

I have a E.Lite+ with the Smart Seals and Smart Glove system. I had a few issues with the gloves sealing, but solved that by reinstalling the suit side rings. When mating the gloves to the suit, I have found that lubing the ring of the glove really makes for a great seal.
I have also used Kubi rings and really liked them. Honestly, both options are good to go with.

-Eric

Thanks!

So you have the rings permanently sealed to the suit arm, but still have the wrist seals in place? Are those seals attached (latex, silicone?) or are they removable/replaceable?

Yes. Removable, replaceable wrist seals installed into the suit rings. Silicone. And then I have rubber gloves installed into the glove rings, which plug into the suit rings (with no changes) when I want dry gloves.

I have a E.Lite+ with the Smart Seals and Smart Glove system. I had a few issues with the gloves sealing, but solved that by reinstalling the suit side rings. When mating the gloves to the suit, I have found that lubing the ring of the glove really makes for a great seal.
I have also used Kubi rings and really liked them. Honestly, both options are good to go with.

-Eric

Yep, that's the suit I'm considering, so I'm really interested in your opinion on the Smart Seals and Smart Glove system. I have a lot of experience with the Kubi gloves and love them, but if the Santi seals/gloves are really good, it would save me about $340 to go with them versus the glued-in fitted Kubis.

Yes. Removable, replaceable wrist seals installed into the suit rings. Silicone. And then I have rubber gloves installed into the glove rings, which plug into the suit rings (with no changes) when I want dry gloves.

I just checked the Kubi website...I didn't realize their "fitted" system (cuff rings glued to the suit arms) allowed for replaceable latex or silicone wrist seals to be used as well. I love my Kubis...as I said above though, it's a $340 option if I really want to go with them versus the Santi Smart Seals/Gloves.

Back
Top Bottom