Bucket list dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iceland above water was completely amazing. The nature was so raw, unfiltered and pure up there. It was amazing. Next time if I go again, I wont make the mistake of staying in a hotel in Reykjavik. It limits you so much on what you can do within a day and typically you drive past everything everyday to go somewhere different. Next time I will rent a campervan and just drive and when I get tired I just find a place to pull off. You'd be able to see so much more that way.
We were planning a trip to Iceland this summer, but due to circumstances beyond our control we had to cancel it.

Although accommodation is ridiculously expensive (even by Scandinavian standards, and that says a lot!), we were planning on renting a car (4x4, of course) and doing a sort of road trip. Going to Iceland and staying only in Reykjavik has to be like going to the US and spending the whole month in NYC.

We were planning a trip to Iceland this summer, but due to circumstances beyond our control we had to cancel it.

Although accommodation is ridiculously expensive (even by Scandinavian standards, and that says a lot!), we were planning on renting a car (4x4, of course) and doing a sort of road trip. Going to Iceland and staying only in Reykjavik has to be like going to the US and spending the whole month in NYC.

Yes you are correct. We were able to see everything on the southeast coast (Joklarson Glacier/Glacier Lagoon, southern coast (Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach/Vik) and western coast (Reykjavik/Keflavik) and central Iceland (Golden Circle). However theres just as neat if not neater things in the northern region that aren't nearly as crowded for that reason, the distance between there and Reykjavik.

My bucket list is slowly getting chipped away. Recently did Komodo and now I'm headed to Raja Ampat in January for a liveaboard and homestay. Can't wait.

My dreams:
Socorro,
Galapagos,
Truk,
Alor/Banda Sea,
Tubbataha,
Cocos,

Hope you will enjoy your trip.

I found it expensive but the 4x4 trip with a guide was one of my most memorable experience.

Not been diving there though.

I have one too at the Pyramids before heading to Sharm el Sheikh for diving:
P1010040auto.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom