Closed Suunto vyper air with transmitter

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Both computer and transmitter have been sent in for there respective recalls and came back in good working order. Both have brand new batteries.

Includes download cable, CD rom, RSS bungee boot and spare screen protector.

Asking 400 us dollars for both shipped via usps flat rate. Payment via PayPal friend to avoid fees.

20191012_114142.jpg

Vyper air

Can you please post more pics of the transmitter. I am looking for the recall replacement indicator which is a white "O" that is located on the transmitters plastic housing. Thanks.

15712414727756417990397264636433.jpg

Is this the vyper or vyper Novo?

This is neither of the computers you have asked about. It is the Vyper Air which was model higher up in the line-up than the Vyper and was discontinued when the Vyper Novo was introduced.

It has a similar display and menu structure as the Vyper Novo (though slightly smaller overall diameter), a digital compass with 45 degree tilt, programmable back light, planning and simulation modes, etc.

I have been diving with one for a few years now and like it.

-Z

This computer is identical to one that my wife uses. It is an excellent computer and, in my opinion, is well worth what @formernuke is asking for it. But just for everybody's information, there is one feature with this computer that I've not seen anyone else mention nor have I seen it in another Suunto recreational computer and that is that you can actually reduce the RGBM of this computer by 50%. I use a Vyper Novo and it does not have this feature. Although we've never seen the need to use this feature for my wife, it is available.

Also, concerning the circle on the cover of the transmitter, mine had that on there when I bought it new 2 years before the recall. So I'm not sure how that started that it indicates it has been in for the upgrade, but in my case, mine looked exactly the same after I got it back as when I sent it in. Perhaps some of the older ones did not have the circle on them, but mine did.

Originally this one did not have the circle.

I don't know when they started putting the circle on them, I just know mine had it when I bought it new. <shrug>

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom