Use SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Dive Computer in a gauge console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it is phillips, I just need a different size. Will try with Phillips.

02F2DCE8-FEA2-4FA3-AB13-46B569B616FD_1_105_c.jpeg
99BF46CB-DAD0-4DD4-9C3E-CC28720FFC82_1_105_c.jpeg

Yep, that's a Phillips. Looks like they've been removed a time or 12. A larger screwdriver should remove them.

Screws are very soft. Crappy quality. Yours are not atypical from others I have seen.

Thank you for all your help. Yes is just standard phillips, but driver I had was too pointed. Found a phillips that was more round as you suggest.

For others reading this, it is just a watch without the strap inside. Will be buying the strap so I can wear it on the wrist.

Yes, the Suunto system is highly modular. The same computer module will fit both boot and wrist with the right mounts. Novo modules are a little thinner than previously generation, and require a “shim” when seated in a console.
IIRC, Suunto may not still have a wrist strap to sell for pre-Novo modules, but I was able to get a bungee boot last year. There may also be a variation of bungee boot by module, depending on number of buttons on the module.
My primary computer is a Vyper Novo and the Vyper I took out of the console is the older type, which I use as a backup. When comparing them, they are at least the same overall thickness, or if anything, the Novo is just slightly thicker. I don't think there is enough of a difference to matter when installing either in a Suunto console.

Thank you for all your help. Yes is just standard phillips, but driver I had was too pointed. Found a phillips that was more round as you suggest.

For others reading this, it is just a watch without the strap inside. Will be buying the strap so I can wear it on the wrist.

I converted all the suunto computers in my house from watch strap to bungee mounts. I hated how snug I needed to have the strap on the surface to keep the computer from spinning around my wrist at depth as my wetsuit compressed. The bungee cord compensates for the suit compression.

If you are interested the wrist strap style, I have a bunch of original wrist straps from suunto vypers, I would be willing to sell you one...send me a PM if interested.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom