Aeris Elite T3 wrist computer band options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonic04GT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was on a dive yesterday for the firs time in forever and was wearing my Aeris Elite T3 air integrated wrist computer. I felt a little bit of tension release on my arm, looked over, and my computer was dangling.

The band broke, clean break across the corrugated/rippled part. Thankfully I felt the tension ease or I would've lost a $600+ computer.

What are you guys using for replacement bands? Do I try OEM again or are there better options?

Aeris does not exist anymore, but you will probably find that the right Oceanic, Sherwood, or maybe even Aqualung part might match, as they are all the same OEM. (But not always the same designs.). Check Oceanic first, as they owned Aeris.

I saw that bungee mount but couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Looks like $9 shipping from that site, jeez.

I ordered a velcro band and I'll give that a try first. Thanks guys!

I was on a dive yesterday for the firs time in forever and was wearing my Aeris Elite T3 air integrated wrist computer. I felt a little bit of tension release on my arm, looked over, and my computer was dangling.

The band broke, clean break across the corrugated/rippled part. Thankfully I felt the tension ease or I would've lost a $600+ computer.

What are you guys using for replacement bands? Do I try OEM again or are there better options?
I had a similar issue with my Oceanic VT4. Happened just as I was getting things ready to go on a checkout dive with my daughter. Looked for my computer, and couldn't find it. Luckily, I was still on the platform. Just gave out just like yours. Not sure I would have felt it as I was wearing a wetsuit at the time.

I ended up replacing the band with a bungee mount. I can't remember exactly where I got it, but the link below is what I have. It could have been from the site below, but I'm not positive.
Oceanic Bungee Mount Fits: Oceanic VT3 & 4/VT Pro/Versa Pro/Aeris Atmos Elite/ Hollis DG01 & DG03 PLUS More see details! , Piranha Dive Shop |

Bungee that shipped with it was probably one size larger than what was recommended as it was a PITA to get through some of the holes.

Problem is the bungee mount was made by DSS. DSS is currently not in business, may, or may not be, again. There is a thread discussing this.

I saw that bungee mount but couldn't find it in stock anywhere. Looks like $9 shipping from that site, jeez.

I ordered a velcro band and I'll give that a try first. Thanks guys!
My T3 crapped out on me, and I have a DSS bungee mount. If you'd like, I can bring it to Boynton Beach dive center, or toss it in the mail to you.

I'm not familiar with the Aeris computer, but I'm assuming it uses pins to attached the band. I have replaced both my wife's and my wrist straps with this one. They are very well made, are usually much less expensive than original style, and if a pin should break or come loose, it will still stay on your wrist. They come in various widths and colors.

Had the same problem with my Elite T3 as well. Went to a bungee mount and love it. Per recommendations of others, used 2 separate bungee cords. If one fails, the other keeps the write unit on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom