Varying NDL ascent strategies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just wondering how the article's coming along @boulderjohn
I have not been banned from ScubaBoard, but at about the time of my last post in this thread, SB management made it abundantly clear that they did not want me around any more. I had become a disruptive force in the community. You can check my last months' posts to see why--I don't believe any have been removed. I have therefore not posted since then.

I do check in regularly to see if there are any hot topics related to developments in scuba. I wrote an article a while ago on the fact that there really aren't any good places to find information on developments in scuba theory and practice, and ScubaBoard is one of the few places where those things get discussed. Trying to put information like that public eye is why I researched and wrote an article on deep decompression stops (with the generous help of Dr. Simon Mitchell), posting a ScubaBoard thread on the topic here. It is also why I started this thread, with the hope of getting more information publishing a follow-up article.

Well, I got a lot of research done, and I learned a lot. My own beliefs and understandings underwent a pretty significant change as a result. I played around with several approaches to an article, but as I did, I began to realize more and more why the big names I approached to co-write the article did not want to do it. Before long, I did not want to write it, either.

So, I have everything I need to write it except the motivation. I may do it. I may not. If I do write it, I don't know where I will try to get it published.

But it won't be here.

I have not been banned from ScubaBoard, but at about the time of my last post in this thread, SB management made it abundantly clear that they did not want me around any more. I had become a disruptive force in the community.
There is no 'management'. Pete is the poster boy of laissez-faire. He is an 'enabler'. It works. You don't even come close to 'disruptive'. This place is run by a loose federation of divers who don't want to be mods but were wrangled into it. If you ask, you will never be a mod. (First rule) Can I be a mod, please?? Crazy, but it works...
I wrote an article a while ago on the fact that there really aren't any good places to find information on developments in scuba theory and practice, and ScubaBoard is one of the few places where those things get discussed. Trying to put information like that public eye is why I researched and wrote an article on deep decompression stops ...//...
We have crossed swords many times in the past. Yet we always recover and throw a 'like' or two to each other. Keep at it and blow off the urge to 'splain yourself.

I have not been banned from ScubaBoard, but at about the time of my last post in this thread, SB management made it abundantly clear that they did not want me around any more. I had become a disruptive force in the community. You can check my last months' posts to see why--I don't believe any have been removed. I have therefore not posted since then.

I do check in regularly to see if there are any hot topics related to developments in scuba. I wrote an article a while ago on the fact that there really aren't any good places to find information on developments in scuba theory and practice, and ScubaBoard is one of the few places where those things get discussed. Trying to put information like that public eye is why I researched and wrote an article on deep decompression stops (with the generous help of Dr. Simon Mitchell), posting a ScubaBoard thread on the topic here. It is also why I started this thread, with the hope of getting more information publishing a follow-up article.

Well, I got a lot of research done, and I learned a lot. My own beliefs and understandings underwent a pretty significant change as a result. I played around with several approaches to an article, but as I did, I began to realize more and more why the big names I approached to co-write the article did not want to do it. Before long, I did not want to write it, either.

So, I have everything I need to write it except the motivation. I may do it. I may not. If I do write it, I don't know where I will try to get it published.

But it won't be here.

I'm sorry to hear this.

There's a lot of information on SB, and a lot of the valuable information I've read during my short time here has come from you ... I've leant a lot and I sure others have too.

I have a suggestion, similar to @lowviz's above. No one can silence you on SB unless you break the rules. "Disruption" and some thought provoking ideas are often how change happens. I would prefer it, if you valued your interaction with those readers here (who are often silent / on the side-lines, but are learning) above any issue between you and 'management'. Or put another way from your perspective, there's nothing wrong with being a bit of a thorn in the side at times.

Part of me says I should make a Poll and ask, who wants to keep hearing from BoulderJohn. I hope you know the result will be >90%!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom