Use SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Dive Computer in a gauge console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Martin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a SUUNTO Zoop Novo Wrist Dive Computer about 1 month ago. I am wondering if it also able to be mounted in any type of gauge console? I've seen conflicting information in Google searches on whether it's possible or not. But I'd like to know if it is possible and assuming so, what consoles would work? Perfect world, I'd have my pressure gauge (PSI), a compass and a place for my Zoop Novo.

You mean to configure it something like this, before compass?
ss022220000_suunto_zoop_novo_black_combo_front_divetime_clock_imperial.png

Suunto CB - Two in line 4000 / Zoop Novo Black combo console

I don't have part numbers handy, but to the best of my knowledge Suunto has not made any changes to their basic modular design for consoles. You should be able to purchase an individual Suunto HP gauge, then add a second gauge module that could hold an analog depth gauge or any Suunto "puck" style computer. I think the Zoop Novo is thinner than the Zoop, so there might be some other spacer part to add as a "shim" inside the case. Then you can add an SK-8 compass either on top where it is inline with the other two gauges, or there is a version that mounts on the back side in place of the back half of the 2nd module case. (It would look less clunky since it is a shorter console, but you can't view the compass at the same time as any other gauge if it is on the back.)

Got it? PM me if you want me to check parts and pricing for an order.

Definitely possible, I think I’ve got all the parts if you’re interested.

Thanks! After figuring out all of the pieces, I ended up finding a nice deal on a used Vyper Novo with a wireless transmitter. So instead of an extended console, I'm going to stick with my simple PSI gauge console and use the compass on the Vyper and keep it on my wrist.

I have the console version as pictured above, but want to go the other way, converting it to a wrist band. Can anyone advise the part numbers I would need to do the conversion to a wrist mount from the 2-gauge console. Also, any points on the screw type on the back of the console? Is it proprietary? Not phillips, not torx and not for allen key.... so I am not sure what I need to get the console back off.

I have the console version as pictured above, but want to go the other way, converting it to a wrist band. Can anyone advise the part numbers I would need to do the conversion to a wrist mount from the 2-gauge console. Also, any points on the screw type on the back of the console? Is it proprietary? Not phillips, not torx and not for allen key.... so I am not sure what I need to get the console back off.
Have you opened the console to take a look? I had a Suunto Vyper mounted in a console and wanted to convert it to a wrist computer. When I opened the case, lo and behold, it was a wrist computer mounted in the console. All I needed was the pins and wrist band to convert it.

Have you opened the console to take a look? I had a Suunto Vyper mounted in a console and wanted to convert it to a wrist computer. When I opened the case, lo and behold, it was a wrist computer mounted in the console. All I needed was the pins and wrist band to convert it.
Yes, the Suunto system is highly modular. The same computer module will fit both boot and wrist with the right mounts. Novo modules are a little thinner than previously generation, and require a “shim” when seated in a console.
IIRC, Suunto may not still have a wrist strap to sell for pre-Novo modules, but I was able to get a bungee boot last year. There may also be a variation of bungee boot by module, depending on number of buttons on the module.

Yes, the Suunto system is highly modular. The same computer module will fit both boot and wrist with the right mounts. Novo modules are a little thinner than previously generation, and require a “shim” when seated in a console.
IIRC, Suunto may not still have a wrist strap to sell for pre-Novo modules, but I was able to get a bungee boot last year. There may also be a variation of bungee boot by module, depending on number of buttons on the module.
I have actually replaced the original wrist bands on my wife and my Suuntos with this one: NATO wrist strap Not only is it less expensive, but if a pin should break, the computer will stay on your wrist. Comes in a variety of widths and colors. Suuntos use the 24mm width.

What screwdriver is required to open the console? It's not phillips, allen or torx on my console. Is it proprietary?

What screwdriver is required to open the console? It's not phillips, allen or torx on my console. Is it proprietary?
We are still talking about a Suunto console, right? Should be Phillips unless someone has replaced with something else. Or maybe a Phillips head that has been rounded out? If that doesn't help you, supply a photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom