Yoke to din conversion possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I actually wanted the opposite. The DIN to yoke part in case I was in a place without din tanks.

Deep 6 won't sell it to me unless I do their clinic. I'm planning to but man it's unscrewing one part to swap it out.

You can get a din adapter to use on a yoke tank. It makes the first stage stick out a bit more but is very possible.

You can get a din adapter to use on a yoke tank. It makes the first stage stick out a bit more but is very possible.

I already have that. I'm just surprised they would sell the part to others but not too me.

Especially a part that doesn't affect performance.

His reply:
We can only sell you parts to alter the regulator if you have attended a repair clinic for our regulators. We can't guaranty the performance of the regulator if someone untrained is altering the breathing device.
Berr

I already have that. I'm just surprised they would sell the part to others but not too me.

Especially a part that doesn't affect performance.

His reply:
We can only sell you parts to alter the regulator if you have attended a repair clinic for our regulators. We can't guaranty the performance of the regulator if someone untrained is altering the breathing device.
Berr

There reason, you change any part yourself it fails underwater and your next of kin Sue's them. Win or lose the cost of defending is very expensive. Likely it's a blanket policy to not sell those parts to someone who hasn't been through the class. Just a CYA measure.

There reason, you change any part yourself it fails underwater and your next of kin Sue's them. Win or lose the cost of defending is very expensive. Likely it's a blanket policy to not sell those parts to someone who hasn't been through the class. Just a CYA measure.

I understand that completely that's why I didn't follow up then. Any reason why my next of kin might be more sue happy compared to others here?

But it doesn't make sense considering they let us buy the service kits and down load the service manual right?

And they are selling it to others (who may or may not have done the clinic). Considering this entire thread is recommending just buying the part from them without the caveat of having done the clinic.

Maybe he was just busy that day and didn't want to deal with me. It's just a bad taste in my mouth now.

I actually wanted the opposite. The DIN to yoke part in case I was in a place without din tanks.

Deep 6 won't sell it to me unless I do their clinic. I'm planning to but man it's unscrewing one part to swap it out.
We generally want people to be a tech before they are changing/servicing stuff, even of another brand.. That said, there is no reason you cant send it in and we would be happy to switch it out with no labor charge.

I haven't done the clinic yet but plan to after my first service. I'd like to convert a yoke to DIN if I can buy the parts. If you talk to Bert and get that sorted can you let me know how to order the conversion kit?

I understand that completely that's why I didn't follow up then. Any reason why my next of kin might be more sue happy compared to others here?

But it doesn't make sense considering they let us buy the service kits and down load the service manual right?

And they are selling it to others (who may or may not have done the clinic). Considering this entire thread is recommending just buying the part from them without the caveat of having done the clinic.

Maybe he was just busy that day and didn't want to deal with me. It's just a bad taste in my mouth now.
I don't sell the kits, they are free with the regs, free with the first free service.. no need to sell the kits yet. Just saying. They will be for sale in 2020 for the first time

I haven't done the clinic yet but plan to after my first service. I'd like to convert a yoke to DIN if I can buy the parts. If you talk to Bert and get that sorted can you let me know how to order the conversion kit?
You can just send your reg in to us with a note asking us to install one, put your name, address, phone number on the note. We will call you and tell you to expect a paypal request for $50.

For those reading this later than when posted, call us first and make sure we have the kits in stock

You can just send your reg in to us with a note asking us to install one, put your name, address, phone number on the note. We will call you and tell you to expect a paypal request for $50.

So does that mean the yoke to DIN conversion kits are in stock? I really don't want to send in my first stage just to have it returned again, without being converted.

So does that mean the yoke to DIN conversion kits are in stock? I really don't want to send in my first stage just to have it returned again, without being converted.
yes

Back
Top Bottom