Bank warning...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, they should mind their own #$^%@

I travel extensively and only had one issue years ago with Chase...now they and Schwab dont care to know my travel plans...

No, they should mind their own #$^%@
Since they guarantee the safety of your cards and purchases, I guess that they are.

Twenty years of visiting Cozumel a few times a year and (knock on wood) no problems using a credit card or an ATM. I mostly use an ATM fo get cash and a credit card for hotels and car rental. My card has been compromised at our local car wash 3 times. American Express noticed before I did! Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

You think the bank should keep up with your travel plans that much? How would they know who the passenger(s) were for the tickets? I guess you could notify your bank of your travel plans at the time of the ticket purchase.

DD, its big data. They know. Chase told me the day i flew: "Based on your recent purchases on your credit card, it appears that you may be traveling soon. We want to let you know that you don’t need to call us before you take your trip. Your card will be ready to use.

Enjoy your trip!"

Why thanks Chase, I will.....

DD, its big data. They know.
How did Chase know who you bought the ticket for? I know what happens to my WF card when I don't set up Mexico cards with them. Poof, gone.

Yeah, I got the email from Chase several years ago as well, telling me that I no longer needed to tell them of my travel plans.

You can notify them on their site of your travel plans, and out of an abundance of caution, I still do. I can fill out the form in 37 seconds,

I've been at the ATM in CUN twice and been unable to withdraw pesos with my local credit union card -- even after notifying them. I'll let y'all speculate as to how happy I was --- after two hours of crappy sleep, and leaving our house at 3:00 am.

In their defense, a 3rd party administers their cards, but after the last go-round, I think it's highly unlikely that it will happen again. A truly memorable tirade.

How did Chase know who you bought the ticket for? I know what happens to my WF card when I don't set up Mexico cards with them. Poof, gone.

It's probably an inference that is correct 90% of the time. How often do you buy an airline ticket for a flight you are not taking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom