Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't see the ankle wrap, do they fit good without coming off your feed during a dive? I guess the question is if they are a tight fit like a normal dive bootie or if they are a sloppy fit for easy donning and doffing?

Mine are 45/46 while I usually wear EUR 46 or sometimes 47 sneakers. They fit good. Also the inseam is mtm without much excess in length like many other drysuits. These two together, I don't feel my boots coming off at all. The boots are much stiffer than usual soft tech flexsole boots in other drysuits, but I feel ok with ankle movement and kicks.

Mine are 45/46 while I usually wear EUR 46 or sometimes 47 sneakers. They fit good. Also the inseam is mtm without much excess in length like many other drysuits. These two together, I don't feel my boots coming off at all. The boots are much stiffer than usual soft tech flexsole boots in other drysuits, but I feel ok with ankle movement and kicks.
Thank you, I guess at this point I will just order with boots. They can be changed later if it is really an issue. But it sounds like they are a good starting point.

I also ordered Seaskin Nova drysuit on 5 August. When I made order it was indicated that it is expected to ship my drysuit on 1 November. I just wrote email to them asking whether it is possible to get it earlier and got response that they can not do that. 3 month waiting time :( I really missed diving when weather was warmer. Really hope that this drysuit will meet my high expectations.

Thank you, I guess at this point I will just order with boots. They can be changed later if it is really an issue.

Triangle rubber fin keepers are great for preventing drysuit boots coming off. Much more effective than velcro ankle strap.
Seaskin is great value and well made. But if coming from Ursuit BDS it will heavy and stiff in comparison.

Hopefully not as heavy and stiff as the Pinnacle I started in.
I would be entertained with a crushed neoprene but they don't offer it with a front zip, so that is out.
If I had some measurements of myself that I really trusted I probably would already have a Nova on order.

The progression from a sort of fits used suit, to an off the peg suit, to made to measure.

I just wrote email to them asking whether it is possible to get it earlier and got response that they can not do that. 3 month waiting time :(

Hehe yes - the old dangle cash for jumping the line trick. I tried to accelerate mine but it is what it is.

can anyone explain what the quick neck-seals are like, compared to just a regular neck seal?

I'm interested in the crushed neoprene suit, which is back zip only. Seems in that case maybe going with the integrated neck seal would be fine?

The quick neck and orust system allow silicone seals which can also be replaced by the user in minutes.

so if you want silicone seals or the ability to swap them yourself when you break one go for it. The systems also work with latex seals and even some neoprene (I believe).

can anyone explain what the quick neck-seals are like, compared to just a regular neck seal?
I'm interested in the crushed neoprene suit, which is back zip only. Seems in that case maybe going with the integrated neck seal would be fine?
In my opinion the quick neck is the way to go, but the rings will be in your way and something to get used to. Plus your BCD straps may press on the neck ring digging it into your shoulders making surface walks very uncomfortable. Said that, the ability to easily replace the seals - priceless.

Back
Top Bottom