Environmental orgs in Indo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad to see such org, like YPI, Yayasan Penyu Indonesia, (Turtle Foundation) start to appear in Indonesia, such as this one in Bali, which is not only for turtles, but also for sharks, sea stars, etc. as shown in the video, below:

Balancing this type of fish market:

Perhaps someone at Misool knows of something bigger than their own?

Misool are very much involved in the National issue. They required high level contacts to be able to start Misool. They also run Misool Foundation and consult on many Eco projects. They've been asked numerous times to build another resort (s) but after Misool, they're happy to help and consult but don't want to go through the whole building a resort process again (understandably)

Not too many of us believe that the Indo government is a good caretaker of it.

Are there any NGOs or environmental organizations in Indo that we have reason to believe are effective at pushing the government (national and / or local) to do the right thing? Or that are doing something useful themselves? Because I'm sure many of us would like to support such organizations.

While I share your thoughts, if the shoe was on the other foot, how would the US feel about outsiders telling them what to do? It's not as if the West are particularly great at managing their coastline pollution?

There is 4Ocean, however, while they started in Bali, they've taken it all over the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom