New or service my Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MK 11 and 17 are pretty nice regs, service or not base on the IP gauge. The EVO regs are just the latest anti ice attempt, scubapro has been trying a lot of different things over the years to make unsealed pistons work better in the cold, I don’t know what if anything they did with the 17 to make it an EVO except some really pretty chrome and changing the HP port angle a little to make it harder to get at.

I have decided to service mine because I enjoy it. I`m very detail oriented having owned and operated my dental lab for 30 some years. On at least 2 occasions in the past my regs have been serviced and did not function. Once could not even draw a breath through, which was quickly rectified and another where it was tough to breathe thru. The latter situation was on my wife`s and I did not find out about it till the end of our trip. She was inexperienced at the time. So rather than trust my equipment to someone else I`ll just do it myself. Oh, and the same place charged me $250 to upgrade my Atomic first stage when I brought that in for service saying that they couldn`t rebuild it w/o the upgrade. This was along time ago. Found out later that was bullsh*t.

It would be great to have two reg sets, I don’t know what I would do with all of the others though.
Get rid of them whatever way you would like.

As for me, travel with spare service kits and simple tools(adjustable spanner and couple of allen keys).
Knowing how to diagnose the problem certainly help.

I

Back
Top Bottom