Advanced Cert time frame?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tahoe Gal

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anyone tell me what the time frame is to complete your 5 dives after completing your coursework for advanced? Thank you. My son and I have done the online coursework and I wasn’t sure if we have to complete everything within a certain time limit.

I think it is one year but your instructor would be the best source for this.

I did the e-learning course through Padi and we don’t have an instructor yet for advanced dives,

I did the e-learning course through Padi and we don’t have an instructor yet for advanced dives,
Do you have an email from PADI with a link for questions ?

I would ask them.

PADI Americas office in California- 800-729-7234

I believe you can locate somebody/someplace you want to work with and just go with them. As long as they are PADI instructors it should work out.

your e learning is only good for one year, each module will have a completion date, its the individual completion dates that matter. finish your ocean dives before any of the dates reach 1 year old and you'll be good.

our shop does it over 1 week,
the week before an email goes out with instructions and a discussion of which 3 of the 5 adventure dives everyone wants to do (navigation and deep are required leaving 3 for the students/instructor to decide)
Tuesday is book work, and logistics
Thursday is pool and any additional book work or lecture, this means meeting before the pool session (nitrox specialty test and analyzing demo things like that)
Saturday ocean dives 1-3 (we do night dives with advanced)
Sunday boat dives, ocean dives 4 and 5
Sunday after the boat gets back to the dock another dive for specialties if needed (drysuit is popular in our area)

you could skip the Tuesday session, but it may be beneficial to show up any way to get to know your classmates and go over logistics with your instructor. the shop you do it with may vary but most places have a similar schedule.

Something else to consider is what dives you will be doing for your advanced depending on were you complete your dives not all the elective dives may be possible. I would get an instructor first and figure out what would be best before you complete a bunch of homework that is not needed deep and navigation are a sure bet as they are required. It shows you are in Tahoe there are plenty of instructors up there.

Something else to consider is what dives you will be doing for your advanced depending on were you complete your dives not all the elective dives may be possible. I would get an instructor first and figure out what would be best before you complete a bunch of homework that is not needed deep and navigation are a sure bet as they are required. It shows you are in Tahoe there are plenty of instructors up there.
My guess is it would be very unusual to find a shop where all the elective dives were available. On my old school course in '06 I just did all the knowledge reviews before the course started, as a wasn't sure which ones to do. Can't hurt, but I don't know how that fits in with e learning today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom