Life of Nighthawk BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lefty0294

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 10 year old ScubaPro Nighthawk BCD that has given good service. It has been inspected annually w/o problems. Any experience on how long it will last?

I have one that’s almost 20 years old. Last year it had to have the fitting replaced on the bladder where the inflator is attached. The necessary part was still available from ScubaPro. I don’t see any impending end to the useful life of mine.

My nighthawk is probably 15 years old. I have been using it for eight. If you take good care of good gear, it should last close to forever. My first regulator (an early, 1981 Sherwood Magnum) still works fine. My NH is fading slightly but no serious wear. I would pay attention to places it might chafe (like pouches used for hard weights) and around bladder penetrations. How you use it and store it Will determine how long it lasts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom