How to apply for a marine park pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure how the dive ops handle it though, you technically shouldn’t be charged the park fee, but rates vary I suppose.

I guess that was my point. I've never seen an extra charge on my bill for marine park bracelet fee. It's just included in the cost of the package. I don't see an advantage of having the card, except for the coolness factor. :D

I guess that was my point. I've never seen an extra charge on my bill for marine park bracelet fee. It's just included in the cost of the package. I don't see an advantage of having the card, except for the coolness factor. :D

First, that is enough. Be the cool kid.....

Second, tell them you want your 3 buck back! That'll cover the first Marg....

Second, tell them you want your 3 buck back!
Fair, but probably too much of a hassle for them.

Here is my hand. Place 3 dollars in it....
Their paperwork with the park service.

Just to clarify, he asked about shore dives in the park and I'm not sure he is asking if it covers the sanctuary fee for shore dives in the park (it does, as you say) or if it allows you to shore dive in the park (as I understand it, you still need to be with a registered DM guide).

I don't think you need a park DM for shore dives that you stay by shore, plus isn't all the shore diving north of the park? I've only shore dived at the Villa and Cozumel Marine World, both those outside the park. You'd be nuts to try and go from like Playa Palancar out to the wall and for that you would need and equally nuts guide.

You need to dive around some more LOL - I've seen a few that line item it.....

For those of you that visit here, I'd do the app, that way when the work day sucks or the snow is falling, gives you something to look at and a reason to come back - just sayin.

I used the online app last April. Thanks to ChuckP for his help. Good for a year. My dive shop had never seen one and questioned it at first. I printed it out then downsized it to a CC size and laminated it. I put the app in my favorites and next year just have to pull it up since it still has my info and hit "acquire a new passport" and pay. Think its good for any Marine Park in MX. Peso = $ 371.91

Back
Top Bottom