Turtle City on Bonaire "scary east coast" :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is it relative to Blue Hole?

Tried to hook up with Bas for doing sites other than Cai when I was there this summer. Conditions did not cooperate until it was time to go home. :banghead:
Did get 2 dives in at Cai. :cheers:

I have done both of these dives. The white hole was done from the conch shell area. It was done in conjunction with the tides going out and coming back in. It was guided by a friend who has done it many times. It is a LONG swim out and seems even LONGER coming back. there is no time for wasting and my wife could not take a camera because of the time constraints. But the tarpons were magnificient-40-50 probably. I ran out of air on the last ten minutes and swam on the surface coming back. I have over 700 dives on Bonaire, so am capable most of the time for air consumption.
DO NOT try this without expert assistance, experienced divers and the right conditions(weather and tides).

Turtle City was an excellent dive with East Coast Diving-more turtles than you can imagine. Definitely worth it-but as a boat dive.
Vann

East coast divers for the win! Saw a TON of turtle when we did it.

I have done both of these dives. The white hole was done from the conch shell area. It was done in conjunction with the tides going out and coming back in. It was guided by a friend who has done it many times. It is a LONG swim out and seems even LONGER coming back.
Vann

Saw 3 guys doing it as a scooter dive last time. First time I ever saw scoots in Bonaire. I can't imagine doing White Hole via Cai. Why not walk the bay, the 'old way'?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom