First stage hitting head with BP&wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you turn your first stage over, your regs will be on your left side and your spg will be on your right.
Ahh I see what you mean... Yeah I could just switch the config of the hoses each side has 1 hp and 2 lp ports.

It almost seems like most double cam bp and wings sit really low on the tank... Can one of you who has this rig or a similar one let me know if you have a head hitting problem?

I have had the same issue with my set up, I have all Dive Rite gear, I have ended up loosening the shoulder straps and tightening the crotch strap as well as turning the tank just a little to the side and this has seemed to help.

I have had the same issue with my set up, I have all Dive Rite gear, I have ended up loosening the shoulder straps and tightening the crotch strap as well as turning the tank just a little to the side and this has seemed to help.
PM sent

It almost seems like most double cam bp and wings sit really low on the tank... Can one of you who has this rig or a similar one let me know if you have a head hitting problem?

Yes, this is normal. Go too low and you start to have the regs argue with the wing You can feel the regs if you lift your head up all the way. It is not a problem rolling off a boat as your head should be bent forwards, not back. In the water your shoulder straps should be loose enough to mean you can lean your head back comfortably but not violently.

I spend my life asking students on BCD with the cylinder too low if they enjoy having their cylinder boot banging their bums and warning them that the look like tourists in the Caribbean. The utter shame of that generally makes them think about cam band position.

A BP/W is mostly in the right height because of the 2 cam bands. Check out wings and twinsets, they are also higher. It’s also a lot easier to do a Vdrill if the stage sits behind your head, compared with most jacket divers who have their first stage closer to their ass

If you put on your rig and have someone take a side-view picture it might help us figure out what’s going on

Check out wings and twinsets, they are also higher. It’s also a lot easier to do a Vdrill if the stage sits behind your head

Why then are twinset bands set as high as possible with the top band level with the crown of the cylinder

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom