Mantis M2 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would change the battery in the transmitter. Also the older transmitters with the small watch type battery had connection problems. The newer ones with the cylindrical batteries seem to work better.

Hello, I bought my M2 in february this year and I had 4 dives with it. 2 dives at 5m water temp around 10C and 2 dives at around 12m in warm water. After my 4th dive, the sel/esc button came down, without dropping or hitting the computer. I send it back to be repaired, but till March next year I am not able to use it again because of my work. I looked a lot before buying this computer and till now I am not pleased at all. New computer, not cheap and after 4 dives to be damaged. I didn't have the chance to try the transmitter. I will not buy another Scubapro dive computer.
IMG_20170728_142925.jpg

Experience with the M2 so far:
After purchasing an M2 (in Sept 2019), I was about to put the screen protector on it, when I noticed a 'scratch' or 'lint' BEHIND the glass face.

I contacted the Scubapro headquarters who asked me to send it back. They said if it was a scratch it would be a warranty replacement. They found it was just some lint, so they removed it.

After the first dive with the M2, I noticed that there was some fogging, and upon closer inspection, I noticed water droplets behind the glass. Furthermore, the SEL/ESC button did not work anymore.

I contacted Scubapro headquarters and one of their technicians (the same one that removed the lint earlier) had a chat with me. He believes that the M2 must have got past their quality control - having had x2 issues. He explained that when he reassembled the watch, it was pressure tested, and that the SEL/ESC button failure would explain the leak.

They sent me a warranty replacement. I am yet to try this new unit out in the water.

Experience with the M2 transmitter:
Regarding the transmitter, I had no issues with the signal underwater (for that x1 time I've used it). I have the transmitter attached to a short HP hose and it is 'tied' to one of the LP hoses with a bungee cord to help angle it down a bit.

Experience with the M2 HR (Heart Rate) monitor:
I'm yet to try this out in the water.

M2 users, we would really like to hear about your experiences with the Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Those using a G2 and the new HRM have been having real difficulties and the question is; is it the G2 or the HRM? I suspect its the HRM but it would be valuable to learn the experiences form those divers who are using the M2 and HRM.

Scubapro Heart Rate Monitor

Experience with the M2 so far:
After purchasing an M2 (in Sept 2019), I was about to put the screen protector on it, when I noticed a 'scratch' or 'lint' BEHIND the glass face.

I contacted the Scubapro headquarters who asked me to send it back. They said if it was a scratch it would be a warranty replacement. They found it was just some lint, so they removed it.

After the first dive with the M2, I noticed that there was some fogging, and upon closer inspection, I noticed water droplets behind the glass. Furthermore, the SEL/ESC button did not work anymore.

I contacted Scubapro headquarters and one of their technicians (the same one that removed the lint earlier) had a chat with me. He believes that the M2 must have got past their quality control - having had x2 issues. He explained that when he reassembled the watch, it was pressure tested, and that the SEL/ESC button failure would explain the leak.

They sent me a warranty replacement. I am yet to try this new unit out in the water.

Experience with the M2 transmitter:
Regarding the transmitter, I had no issues with the signal underwater (for that x1 time I've used it). I have the transmitter attached to a short HP hose and it is 'tied' to one of the LP hoses with a bungee cord to help angle it down a bit.

UPDATE:
I have completed around 16 dives with the warranty replacement M2 - It seems to be working as expected. Once it is paired with the transmitter on the first dive, it reconnects for each new dive (I'm so glad I don't need to pair it for each dive).
On the odd occasion, the BAR reading seems to 'drop out', although it may be because I am scrolling through some of the settings. When I bring the M2 closer to the transmitter location, it the reading does come back. (I am still diving with the SPG for backup)

Regarding the Heart Rate Monitor (HRM), I have posted my experiences on the thread as indicated by @CandiveOz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom