Diving Coz in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite time to be on Coz. We usually go early to mid-October. As an earlier poster stated, usually get some rain for about 20 - 30 min. This year we're going in July because its the only window we have but I will miss Coz in October.

We love Oct and will be there the first 2 weeks in Oct this year. Some folks mentioned rain but I don't remember much rain the last 5 yrs, definitely nothing along the lines of a norte or anything that threatens diving. The island is much quieter and less crowded that time of year. Also seems like the ocean is calmer. Unfortunately not many Eagle Rays around then. I love most anytime of the year in Coz except mid-summer is just too hot and muggy for us. Favorite (weather) months are May & Oct especially if there are non-divers with us. Don't mind mid winter months if we can stay a minimum of two weeks because we expect port closures/bad weather for a day or 2 or 3.

We are booked Oct 16-23 couldn't pass up an all inclusive and at the very least 18 dives should be fun
Can't wait

Five of us are headed to Coz in about a week. We really enjoy diving in October because Coz isn't as crowded that time of year. The water is nice and warm and the sun isn't as intense as in the summer. We used to go in July....way too hot. Then we went in September....hurricane hit FL before we left so it made getting ready to go to Coz difficult with all the stuff we had to do before we left. We had lots of tropical storm/hurricane warnings in Florida in September this year, so we were glad we now go to Coz in October. October is still hurricane season but it hasn't been as active in the Caribbean (or FL) in October the last couple years.

We just came back. It was not hot and humid. It was just really pleasant. The water temp was awesome. Mosquitos were a little rough, but other than that, just terrific. I was never actually there in October before, so its now joining my other favorite months of Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, July, August, Sept, and Dec. Still havent been there in Nov.

And it was the quiet low season, so that was nice too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom