Southern resorts dumping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a google translate link for those of us that cannot read Spanish: Google Translate

This is his Facebook page, where he originally posted the video:
Germán Yáñez

Original Video (must have facebook account) https://www.facebook.com/german.yanez.96/videos/10221002621394388

Also there are additional still photos on his facebook such as this:
71812137_10221009781493386_2657763854829748224_n.jpg

It looks like the gold line is wrapped around that pipe. So, obviously many have seen the pipe before. Oddly, the pipe doesn't seem to have algae or anything else on it. I wonder if it's new. That seems unlikely, but I can't think of a good reason for the pipe to be clean.

I doubt that’s a gold line. Very little tourist cave diving on cam. That’s on the mainland where you see gold lines. I imagine that’s a exploration line that German laid out surveying the system

I hope Secretaria del Medio Ambiente, Recursos Naturales y Pesca (SEMARNAP is the Secretariat of Environment and Natural Resources) finds out what resort is doing this and closes the pipe and fines the owners.

Hate to question this but realistically, this could simply be a fresh water well as they would need those in the southern resorts correct??

In today’s instant news society, everyone is so quick to judge - Germaine is well respected but the picture simply shows a pipe and not which direction it’s flowing.

Show me either end of the pipe

Also there are additional still photos on his facebook such as this:
480491-5d756081c741eff34f0179ef38cf2a7b.jpg
That dry cave shot is from the peninsula...
More injection tubes, but this in the Riviera Maya, this problem is everywhere and the worst thing is that it is legal to do so under NOM 001

If you go to the facebook page for German he says it is not an extraction tube but an injection well.

If you go to the facebook page for German he says it is not an extraction tube but an injection well.
Yeah, but he doesn't seem to be offering any proof of that.

Even one of the comments says it looks exactly like an extraction pipe, and German's response is "It's injection bro!"

No arguing with that kind of logic. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom