Bag drag question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always think about the alternative use of the money. Would you do the bag drag in exchange for a couple of free extra dive trips? That's about what it comes to.

agree 100%. i also look at what else could i do that i enjoy if i saved some dough by being a little "creative" in my trip planning.

return flight from cun to czm is about 350 canadian for next week on expedia.
I think that's negotiable, maybe in online chat. Ask Chief.

i am not sure if there are, but it would be worth checking if there are baggage limits on the flights over to coz as well. if you have to pay extra for gear then the flight cost is even higher.
Yeah, they'd zing you there.

The previous air shuttle failed, and it really seems like this one will as well. It's just too easy to bus/van & ferry. Bonus: You don't have to deal with sardine vans at Cozumel airport.

I would like to add that in may this year they only had us pass our backpack through the "metal detector" before boarding the ferry in Playa Last week they had us put all of our luggage through the machine This consisted of four suitcases and two backpacks The ramp on the "out" end of the machine was only big enough for the suitcases We had just taken a shuttle two airplanes and a bus and were tired and left without our backpacks After we checked in our luggage on the ferry we realized our mistake told them the situation and ran back to get our backpacks We got them but then they would not let us board the ferry again and we had to wait one hour for the next ferry meanwhile our luggage was on the first ferry They called the Cozumel dock and told them the situation and our luggage was on the dock when we arrived but we were a bit concerned Bottom Line: check to be sure you have all of your stuff before you leave Security

I don't recall having any difficulties with any escalator this trip but they seem to change things around from one trip to the next Also we usually hire a tricycle guy to carry our luggage to the ADO station on the way home and I usually give him 60 pesos The only scuba gear I know of that they might be concerned about is tanks There was a sign up shortly after the ferry explosion that said "No Scuba Tanks" on the ferries but I didn't notice the sign this trip

As for the trade-offs whenever we look for direct flights to CZm they are very expensive (from LAX) and have always had a long layover somewhere so it was actually quicker for us to fly into CUN and take the bus and ferry Rumor has it that SouthWest will be flying into CZm next year so we will definitely consider it! We've done it so any times that we might actually miss the Bag Drag :wink:

BTW my "period" key quit working on my keyboard so sorry if it's difficult to read this

Rumor has it that SouthWest will be flying into CZm next year
Starts March 7. Lowest fare LAX-CZM RT is currently $433, but that's on a date pair you wouldn't use - two night visit, one seat available. Of course there are other LA area airports to shop.

Interjet starts at $345 for March with long layovers in Mexico City, the majors at $504, but using Cancun is no better for March.

As for the trade-offs whenever we look for direct flights to CZm they are very expensive (from LAX) and have always had a long layover somewhere so it was actually quicker for us to fly into CUN and take the bus and ferry Rumor has it that SouthWest will be flying into CZm next year so we will definitely consider it! We've done it so any times that we might actually miss the Bag Drag :wink:
Not a rumor, tickets went on sale two weeks ago.

And southwest still won't be direct from LAX. There is a 7 hour route through LAX, but over $1000 p/p The rest are all 10 hours plus. Same as any other carrier from LAX, always an IAH or DFW layover

LAX - CUN plus bag drag is 6-7 total with a boat trip at half the price. Seems like an easy decision to me

A small threadjack, but still on the bag drag topic.

Does anybody here have first-hand experience with the Happy Shuttle in Cancun for getting from CUN to the ferry in Playa? We have a trip coming up soon and I'd planned on catching the ADO bus, but according to last week's schedule, there's about a 5 hour gap around our arrival time which would result in us having to take the 10 pm ferry across.

I'd rather get there sooner, so the shuttle looks like a good option if ADO's schedule remains the same, but I'd feel better knowing the shuttle is reliable.

Can anybody give feedback, or suggest other alternatives?

5 hrs ?? i thought the ado left roughly every 1/2 hr or so ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom