How much weight do you carry (warm water)?

How much weight do you carry (warm water)?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

12 lbs of ditchable weight. At the end of a dive I`m neutral with 500psi at 10 ft. This is with a 3-2 wetsuit.

DR says the Trans-pac is 4.25 lb o_O, plus 3 lead...puts me over the 7 lbs...

I do not understand the utility or purpose of this poll. There are far too many variables to the amount of weight carried if you disregard items such as regs, computers, backup gauges, fins, body type and body fat, boots, proficiency, experience, etc. The total amount of negative buoyant weight requirements, relative to the positive buoyant factors at the SS with 500 psi in the tank, are specific to an individual diver.

Utility of purpose? I think it`s just curiosity.

I do not understand the utility or purpose of this poll. There are far too many variables to the amount of weight carried if you disregard items such as regs, computers, backup gauges, fins, body type and body fat, boots, proficiency, experience, etc. The total amount of negative buoyant weight requirements, relative to the positive buoyant factors at the SS with 500 psi in the tank, are specific to an individual diver.

Might the utility in the poll be to compute an average among the respondents?

Does anyone know what VDH 35# wing characteristics are? I'm thinking -2...ish?

Add whatever the wing is and ~ 5lbs for the ss bp to all the below weights

6' 190lbs

Fresh
7mm 2 piece - 100cf steel - 10lbs
3mm 1 piece - 80cf al - 2

Salt
Rash and shorts - 80cf al - 2

Back
Top Bottom