oxygen tank death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Incomplete web address?

upload_2019-10-11_10-9-48.png

sorry got cut off

Yikes!

Hmm.. there's a couple points they raise that are confusing to me.

• Use a dolly when moving a high-pressure cylinder – keeping the valve away from the employee
  • Have caps in place when moving a cylinder
How are you going to tilt a dolly away from you? Unless you've got reeeaally long arms, it seems impossible.

What sort of cap are they talking about? I assume something other than the little rubber things that dive shops use, but I'm at a loss.

Hmm.. there's a couple points they raise that are confusing to me.

• Use a dolly when moving a high-pressure cylinder – keeping the valve away from the employee
  • Have caps in place when moving a cylinder
How are you going to tilt a dolly away from you? Unless you've got reeeaally long arms, it seems impossible.

What sort of cap are they talking about? I assume something other than the little rubber things that dive shops use, but I'm at a loss.

this

It's an industrial cylinder. On these cylenders, there is a steel cap that can be screwed over the valve onto the cylenders to protect the valve.

One with, one without.
AirgasBusiness_OfferImage.png

Bob

The associated photo shows multiple cylinders none of which appear capped. Does anybody know where this happened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom