Highly recommended! Dive+ color correction app for free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using this app for quite some time and it comes in handy diving on the green water we have here in the UAE. Video correction can be hit or miss. I find the close up shots to be best and the wide, looking over the whole reef shots it seems to have trouble with. Likely due to all the different lighting seen in the shot.

Regardless, it works much better than I thought it would and one-click correction is a blessing.

I'm amazed at the app, when it works. Lately it won't share. After all the steps an error message pops up. I tried deleting and reloading the app. That wasn't a good plan because now the version on my iPhone won't let me log into my account using facebook, which is the only way I set up the account. I still have access on my iPad but the error still happens. This is the fourth day it's hasn't worked. My internet connection is pretty decent, full 5Ghz wifi connected to a 1 gig fiber network so it's probably not that.

Anyone else have this problem? Better yet does anyone know the cure?

Do you mean it won't share directly to Facebook? If so, just save it to your camera roll then share it.
My guess is it's probably not compatible with a recent iOS update.

I'm amazed at the app, when it works. Lately it won't share. After all the steps an error message pops up. I tried deleting and reloading the app. That wasn't a good plan because now the version on my iPhone won't let me log into my account using facebook, which is the only way I set up the account. I still have access on my iPad but the error still happens. This is the fourth day it's hasn't worked. My internet connection is pretty decent, full 5Ghz wifi connected to a 1 gig fiber network so it's probably not that.

I have no issues logging in. I also never use the share function. I just save the image or video direct to my iphone so I can then use it on multiple platforms.

It shares fine with my iPad or with Airdrop to my Mac. The only trouble I'm having now is doing the same with videos. I hit share and I end up with a still shot with a big banner. Sometimes the app locks up so I'll power down the iPad and restart it. The app was just updated too. Odd.

Just downloaded this.... seriously knocked out.

Slow as hell for any video over a minute or so... but seriously easy to use, and it does well enough for social sharing and capturing memories that aren't all, you know, GREEN.

I dig it.

-K

Signed up just to join this conversation....
The software does a great job with color correction...
BUT... It only seems to output 720p resolution! ACK!
Is anybody aware of a setting or update to change this?

Why bother filming in 4K or even 1080 HD?
I'd really like to use the color correction but at 720 resolution, it's pretty worthless for me.

Check this, they have underwater image/video enhancement solutions.
EyeROV Visualization and Analytics Platform -Home. i believe they are using ML-techniques to enhance underwater images and videos.
imageEnhance.jpg

Blog: How to enhance videos and image underwater

Does the performance change depending on depth? For example, if you are at 20 ft the color correction may be different than at 100 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom