Sherwood Vision, help changing the battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got through my class with the 'gap', but still can't figure this out.

If I hold the rubber hose protector, and turn the part with the ridges, it keeps turning in either direction with light resistance, doesn't close the gap and doesn't appear to do anything. If the computer is attached, the computer seems rotationally locked to the piece with the ridges - i.e. if I hold the computer I can't turn the part with the ridges.

Is turning the only thing I need to do? Or do I need to push or pull something as I turn?

I've been holding it computer pointing up - opposite your pictures. This changes which way clockwise is.

BTW - are you aware of anything on the Internet for learning how to use the dive functions better than the manual?

I wanted to post a follow up in case anyone else is following.

Closing the gap is not hard to do, it is very easy. However my unit, which was likely previously sold and returned, did not turn correctly. Sherwood offered to fix it for free if I mailed it to them, but I opted to pay $20 to a local Sherwood authorized repair service because I am diving tomorrow.

Hello, I hope someone will still read this. I took my Sherwood Vision to get the battery changed and I received it back with the screen on and everything on it is on.

Anyone had a similar issue before?
IMG_20210323_212754.jpg

I've not seen this. Have you tried opening up the battery compartment and reseating the battery? Since you paid for the service, maybe take it back and have them do it again?

Hello there,

Yes of course! I tried all that but nothing yet.

The shop didn't charge me anything since they weren't successful. That's actually nice of them.

I guess I'll have to take it to another shop and see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom