Leaky BCD inflator intake, normal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikkelse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys,

I recently bought a Zeagle Stiletto and have done 8 dives with it over 2 days. While washing it off for storage I noticed a hissing sound while it was inflated. Fearing a puncture I went to investigate and discovered that the inflator intake is leaking slightly.

My question is if I should be worried or this is to be expected?

I've tried to indicate what I experience on the picture below:

IMG-1616.jpg

so can you tell if it is leaking form the schrader attachment on the end of the LPI hose or is it leaking at the actual Inflator side? Personally I wont mess around with a inflator. If it sticks or starts to leak Ill just replace the whole thing, they are cheap. Then again I use a k style inflator like DGX sells and they are cheap to have a spare. If it is the hose side just get a new one, they are cheap as well.

It's the inflator side that leaks. Basically, as shown on the picture, if I put my lips to the hole at the blue arrow and blow air into the inflator, it leaks out of the metal thingie (sorry lacking words) at the red arrow. If I suck it is sealed.

could be a weak inflator button spring. is this a new bcd? if so, ask the shop

It shouldn't leak back like that. If it is a new purchase I'd go to the shop , inflate it and show them the leak.

Try rinsing inside and drying it out with a tank first. You might just have a little debris or salt on a sealing surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom