Looking for spearfishing dive buddies - St Pete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saul4s

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for spearfishing dive buddies. I have 22 ft center console which I feel comfortable taking 20-30 miles offshore to Gunsmoke or Fathom barges (60-80ft depth) in calmer seas. It would be great if someone has waypoints to ledges or other good spots. If you don't spearfish, just want to dive that's fine too.
I am experienced diver 10+ years with 400 or so dives mostly in the keys and Bahamas. Not so much locally in the Gulf, but looking forward to exploring the waters here.

Looking for spearfishing dive buddies. I have 22 ft center console which I feel comfortable taking 20-30 miles offshore to Gunsmoke or Fathom barges (60-80ft depth) in calmer seas. It would be great if someone has waypoints to ledges or other good spots. If you don't spearfish, just want to dive that's fine too.
I am experienced diver 10+ years with 400 or so dives mostly in the keys and Bahamas. Not so much locally in the Gulf, but looking forward to exploring the waters here.
I'm in Palm Harbor and always looking to get on a list. Fish are in shallow right now. No need to go further than 10-15 miles. Most everything is 25-35ft. deep. I have numbers all over. How do you run your trips and what kind of safety setup?

In other words...

Where do you launch from?
Do you anchor or keep the boat live?
How many divers? Solo drops? Same ocean diving? Buddy diving?
Do you have medical o2, tourniquets, etc.?
EPIRB?
VHF radio?
Any other info you can provide?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom