geo2 screen defect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, i will use tables:)

Even though that Garmin says it's fine to 5ATM, like most (pretty much all) watches with a 5ATM rating, I doubt it is intended for operating at pressure for long durations. It may very well be fine, but if it doens't survive, I'd be surprised if they honored the warranty

edit

Actually this is stated in the manual:

Garmin Vivoactive page 4:
Swimming
NOTICE
The device is intended for surface swimming. Scuba diving with the device may damage the product and will void the warranty

yes, i will use tables:)

I do not know where you dive. Many places (resorts and liveaboards) require a dive computer. If you can afford a Vivioactive, you can afford an i300 or Mares Puck.

Personally, I would avoid tables unless I had equipment failure during a vacation. Considering how much money scuba costs (travel, gear, air) the cost of a basic computer seems cheap.

I know this was about the Geo...but since a comment came up regarding Garmin, I just have to say that as a reluctant Garmin junkie (can't live without them, can't live with them)....I would be reluctant to use one to convey critical data under water. I have used perhaps every GPS unit they've built for a bike in the last 10 years and I can't remember NOT having one that was bricked at some point in time by a software update. Having to deal with that on a scuba trip or between dives makes me steer clear of that product for scuba. I simply have zero faith in Garmin updates or software integrity which is built on consistent usage over a long time and hard use.

Having said that...I still really like their products and when they work, they're great. And when they don't (which is consistent at some point in their early lifecycle), customer service is generally not helpful at all...you just have to deal with it.

actually, i am not diving anymore. I want to use garmin for spearfishing only. scuba is more expensive for me now.
thank you for your replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom