LCBR really disappointed me today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive codes - WTH! Gotta watch out for that OX-TOX cause you went below your MOD with a hot EAN. But you won't be DOA if you missed your MIA jump onto KX into GCM and your dive gear went to CZM instead. If you think the scuba codes are bad, you'd be totally confused how we've renamed many of the fish in the ocean. For example, Bugs, Pinchers, Goes, Reef Donkeys, EarBiter, Fire Trucks, YT's, Convicts, gags, Albie, cuda, Butts, Croaker, Dinos, Doormats, Hoo's, Cobes, & whiskers.

PS @AggieDiver -sorry for the thread hijack

Just wait until you see the sign language to go with the secret codes...

I'm leaving for LCBR on Friday, so I'm keenly watching this thread. I'll post a trip report afterwards, but I'm hoping that I don't have a problem with the shop (only request I've made is for 100cf tanks, which I think they're bringing over from CB). I travel a lot so being kind and gracious to staff and service come with the territory. I always wonder if people's negative experience with staff stems from being too needy and demanding that others fulfill those needs. Yes you are on vacation, but you are still responsible for your own good time.

Dreadnaught, did you make your 100 CF request to the booking office or to the dive shop directly? If you did not speak to the dive shop directly, I would do so.

I've always found that shop and the manager, Sharon, to be very responsive to requests.
I also agree with your observation about negative experiences often being related to too needy and/or demanding.

You have nothing to worry about. I will be writing up a trip report shortly, but all the work that piled up while I was gone has to be dealt with first. We had a week of rain, but made the most of it. Reef Divers went out of their way to try to accommodate folks. We lost one afternoon dive due to a strong squall line that moved in at lunch time, and they offered a 2-tank afternoon dive the next day to make up for it. Despite how my trip started, after understanding what happened to cause it, and seeing how they dealt with it, I have no hesitation coming back again or recommending LCBR strongly to others.

Dreadnaught, did you make your 100 CF request to the booking office or to the dive shop directly? If you did not speak to the dive shop directly, I would do so.

I've always found that shop and the manager, Sharon, to be very responsive to requests.
I also agree with your observation about negative experiences often being related to too needy and/or demanding.

I agree completely about Sharon being responsive to requests and trying to be fair in dealing with any issues. They don't compromise on safety there, and a lot of the complaints I have seen over the years boil down to people flouting their rules flagrantly or coming up with a computer locked out due to skipped deco obligations (48-hrs out of the water for that).

As for whether my issue was because I was too needy or demanding, I think you are missing the mark. I grew up with a father who didn't hesitate to make a scene if customer service didn't meet his standards. After watching that over and over in restaurants and elsewhere as a child and young adult, I am pretty much the opposite and will try to avoid making a big scene unless it is absolutely necessary. I will admit it had been a long day of travel, and I came here to vent a bit instead of going off on the staff, because it was clear the staff was not able to deal with the issue and I would have to wait until the next day for a resolution. In the end, they took very good care of us and we had a good week, despite the rain all week and the head cold I came home with.

As for whether my issue was because I was too needy or demanding, I think you are missing the mark.

Please understand I was not saying you were needy. It has been a general observation of mine that people on vacation frequently expect too much.

No offense, but sounds like a 1st world problem to me.

Bottom line is, the owner/mgr made it right... You didn't miss any of that great Bloody Bay diving, so... Have a few cold ones and settle down to enjoy the rest of your vacay... Lifes too short to get wound up like that.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things I always say...

No offense, but sounds like a 1st world problem to me.

Bottom line is, the owner/mgr made it right... You didn't miss any of that great Bloody Bay diving, so... Have a few cold ones and settle down to enjoy the rest of your vacay... Lifes too short to get wound up like that.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things I always say...

Yeah, that's pretty much why I called it a first world problem on page 2. We did miss one day of Bloody Bay diving...but that was the fault of the northeast wind, not the management.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I called it a first world problem on page 2. We did miss one day of Bloody Bay diving...but that was the fault of the northeast wind, not the management.

I can understand your reaction. You've been looking forward to the trip and you already had one delay. You arrive tired after a long day of travel and then things are not what you were expecting and no one seems to know what you are talking about. That would definitely be frustrating but I am glad that it all worked out well - but sorry to hear that you had weather problems.

Back
Top Bottom