Where Is Most Affordable Place On Little Cayman For 1 Person?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure about that. When you look at the history of major hurricanes to hit Cayman over the last 300 years, September and October have the highest frequency - but several of them were in early September and early October - and there were quite a few big storms in August and some in July and November, too. See the links below.

CAYMAN’S STORMY HURRICANE HISTORY - Hurricanes in Cayman

http://www.caymanprepared.ky/portal/page/portal/hmchome/resources/brochures/196853 Past Hurricanes.pdf

There is the difference. You are looking at “major hurricanes” over a 300 year period. I looked at anything with a name over the last 30 or so (I did it about 3-4 years ago, can’t remember if I did 25 or 30 years of records). I was mainly looking at storms within about 100 miles that would ruin a dive trip, not storms directly landfalling on the island that would destroy homes and resorts. For big storms, yes earlier in the season is more common...but for total named storms, late season has a higher count.

"Cayman" and "Cheap" are generally incompatible terms. I would save up and do it when NOT on a shoestring budget.

"Cayman" and "Cheap" are generally incompatible terms. I would save up and do it when NOT on a shoestring budget.

The OP is looking for "most affordable" not "cheap" so I think he knows that it could be a bit pricey.

The OP is looking for "most affordable" not "cheap so I think he knows that it WILL be pricey.

Fixed. Don't get me wrong - I love LC but doing it on the "not so pricey" just seems oxymoronic. Are there independent dive operators on the island? This just seems like a really difficult trip to manage.

I won't be on a tight budget but I'll likely go on this trip alone since most of my dive friends won't be able to even afford the usual double occupancy rate. I just want to be able to do the best I can given that I'll probably be hit with an enormous single supplement.

I won't be on a tight budget but I'll likely go on this trip alone since most of my dive friends won't be able to even afford the usual double occupancy rate. I just want to be able to do the best I can given that I'll probably be hit with an enormous single supplement.

I just returned from LCBR. Single Supplement was about $350. Pretty darn good.

I just returned from LCBR. Single Supplement was about $350. Pretty darn good.

That is a really good single supplement. Does anyone know if this is their usual rate for single or did they have a special reason for offering a lower rate?

That is a really good single supplement. Does anyone know if this is their usual rate for single or did they have a special reason for offering a lower rate?

That was in September. Call Reef Fantaseas and ask them.

I know that costs are high on Little Cayman but still willing to go there one day for the superior diving. I'm wondering where would be the most affordable place to stay for a week (or less) if I was to go myself. I'm willing to stay at a condo/apartment, room in a house or pay a single supplement at one of the resorts but would like the best pricing option.

Cayman Islands Liveaboard Scuba Diving Trip | Aggressor Adventures®
Dec 12, 2020 to Dec 19, 2020 (7 nights) - ~$2300

That is going to be your cheapest and best option, in my opinion.. It's probably the only way I'll be back in the Caymans (sorry I just find the islands and the diving there boring).

Back
Top Bottom